All players must present on the day proof of handicap e.g. certificate.
- A league team consists of 3 players: one in each handicap index range 15.5-17.4, 17.5-20.4 and 20.5 and upwards.
- Matches are played between members of the same handicap range and no shots are given in any section. Should a team not be able to provide a player in any of the two lower Handicap ranges, then that team can play a substitute player from a higher handicap range. The substitute player must play off the lower handicap and no shots are given or received.
- The play is match play over 18 holes and to decide the outcome the result of each section counts.
- Points are awarded as follows: win – 2 points, draw – 1 point, lose – 0 points. Example: – Home Team A v Visitors Team B. Team A: 15.5-17.4 wins 2 and 1, Team A: 17.5-20.4 halves, Team A: 20.5 and upwards loses 2 and 1. Match Result: -Team A, 3 points, Team B, 3 points.
- All league matches shall be started between 5.00pm and 6.00pm on Thursday evenings or at a day/time mutually agreed by the captains involved. If both clubs agree, it is permissible to switch home and away fixtures, but they must advise the League Secretary beforehand. It is the responsibility of the League home club correspondent to report the result of the match to the League Secretary before 10.30pm on Thursday evening. Failure to do so will result in the reduction of three points from the home team involved. The away team will score whatever points they actually won. In all cases the decision of the League Secretary will be final.
- If, for any valid reason, play is unable to start, or has to be discontinued, then the match will have to be completed within thirteen days of the due date, or the end of the season, whichever comes sooner, by mutual agreement between the two teams. In the case of a discontinued match, play will re-start at the tee of the hole where play was abandoned. In a replayed match, if any of the original players are not available, substitution is permitted.
- In the event of a tie to decide promotion or relegation the deciding factor shall be the number of matches won. If still level the decision will be based on individual results. Holes won and lost.
- Promotion or relegation will be on a basis of two up and two down. At various times this may change (e.g. the 2021 season) if the divisions need to be re-balanced in the event of withdrawal/addition of clubs.
- In the event of a dispute, the circumstances must be reported to the League Secretary within 7 days of the match in question having been played, and his decision will be final.